• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Wizard Wars

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
im in discussion with redittors while setting up several new occult flows. so sort of recruiting ;)

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
You remind me of the days i was hoarding for xmas tree ornaments. It is becoming a beautiful tree... And i asked bad santa to protect it. We had a long conversation and in the end we came to a deal: we go to war together, i just like it too much.

So to me the ones who take a bath and go forth are boring, i rather go kill crush and destroy myself. Whats the fun in doing nothing? But then again those people have a more demanding mundane life then i have.

So we all differ in dealing with unwanted presents, but in the end if you dont move long enough a present becomes a current and a source becomes a river.
Damn girl!!!

Reaction score
Awards
It seems to me some of the newer people should read this cringe worthy material.

However...it does seem to be a rite of passage to war amongst each other, I recall seeing people throwing curses at each other on Usenet. Not necessarily serious harm, just jinxes or hexes or minor maledictions.

I mean, what if you have to? Do you know how good your offense or defense are?

Wards and shields, how effective are they? How effective is your LBRP?

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I don't think I've ever had anyone bother to do magic war on me. I've only clashed with one magician afaik, and that was because I laughed at him calling himself "Magus" and slagged off his favourite sci-fi book. I don't recall any consequences, either magical or non-magical from that.

Reaction score
Awards
I have a ... Way with certain people, that rubs them the wrong way. Perhaps that's an additional aspect to work on. I just decided to update this thread due to the antichrist war that started..

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I have a ... Way with certain people, that rubs them the wrong way.
I too have this way - in my case it's called "being really annoying" :D

Really though, it's just a consequence of being myself. As Julian Cope said to us as he strolled on stage one night looking like a homeless Nazi on a beach holiday: "I think you can tell by the way I dress, I'm not trying to be everyone's friend"
Julian-Cope-012.jpg

Post automatically merged:

Also, my usual riposte when arguments get a bit heated between two other people is:

"Girls, girls! You're BOTH pretty!"

Last edited:

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
that was because I laughed at him calling himself "Magus" and slagged off his favourite sci-fi book. I don't recall any consequences, either magical or non-magical from that.
I doubt a legit mage/magus of worth would even get their ego hurt by a simple comment.
Exactly because to study magic means to develop yourself, and someone that develops themselves won't care about a minor comment like that.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I doubt a legit mage/magus of worth would even get their ego hurt by a simple comment.
Exactly because to study magic means to develop yourself, and someone that develops themselves won't care about a minor comment like that.
If you can't take a joke you become the joke.

theantichrist

Pathetic Weasel
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Yes, you can say whatever you want but sometimes it's better to eat your own tongue and let the jokes aside

Sally_Walker

Neophyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Coming soon - Mars enters Aries April 30, Tuesday at 11:32 AM, a good time to make sigil paper for your protection, infused with a tincture of dragons blood made from resin, and/or herbs such as sage. Here is a good book to make sigils/talismans: Liber Azag: The Book of Sigils by Frater Akenu. You can get parchment paper from the dollar store or use construction paper, and make your own ink with coffee grinds or charcoal.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Coming soon - Mars enters Aries April 30, Tuesday at 11:32 AM, a good time to make sigil paper for your protection, infused with a tincture of dragons blood made from resin, and/or herbs such as sage. Here is a good book to make sigils/talismans: Liber Azag: The Book of Sigils by Frater Akenu. You can get parchment paper from the dollar store or use construction paper, and make your own ink with coffee grinds or charcoal.
Just to link the book here:

Wintruz

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
As a general rule (which is worth my remembering too), always sleep on it. If someone is being deliberately provocative, it'll still be there to respond to the next day if you choose to give energy to it and, at that point, it will be an active choice, rather than the pull of reactivity and one-up-manship that internet rage sucks people into.