• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Do you practice any religions or faiths?

cryphius

Neophyte
Reaction score
I was raised Christian but left. Looked into Buddhism but wasn't for me. I've tried being a pagan, a Heathen, and a Satanist.

I've learned from these religions, but I can't seem to fit in entirety with a single tradition. I'm a lot happier beimg a freelance occultist and doing my own thing in private.

What about the rest of you?

Yazata

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I like to keep my options open but for some reason people (online and IRL) are quick to call me a fundamentalist christian because I don't hate on Jesus.
In my own view I am Luciferian.

Norse900

Neophyte
Reaction score
I like to keep my options open but for some reason people (online and IRL) are quick to call me a fundamentalist christian because I don't hate on Jesus.
In my own view I am Luciferian.
I don't hate on him, either. I'm indifferent, but not Luciferian. I don't have a problem with Christianity, either, so long as I'm not infringed on.

Reaction score
Awards
I was raised a Christian, and even if like many I know abandon the faith, I will still live the principles, because I believe the principles Christ lived were fundamental to our well-been now and the ever after.

That said, I am pure Celtic ancestry, Scottish/Welsh, Irish/English; paternal and maternal. I have traced my ancestry back to the 1600s-1700s. I would like to go back further, but as a Mormon I can use their tools to go back farther than ancestry dot com.

So, why was one of my past life readings a German Monastery? A lesbian woman? A druid murdered by a fellow druid for power? An asian warrior?

Either the past live readers are evil or full of it, or something about the Bible doesn't jive with what Ive been informed of.
Staring at a picture of a sun rising in between pillars of Stonehenge while meditating on Major Key II The High Priestess, I had an awakening, but didn't visualize or conceptualize, it occurred and did something with the subconscious. A jolt and a relief and then dazed.

So is there something to reincarnation? Possibly. We enter boldly or cowardly into death, peaceful or timid.

Norse900

Neophyte
Reaction score
Well, in most mystical orders, there are teachings that don't get written down or that get locked away if they are. Things only known by the highest people. With the scattered way the Bible was coddified, can anyone really say that it may not have been passed down orally and got lost? Not trying to start a flame war, but things like this still happen. Seems reasonable to leave open the possibility.

Concerning ancestry, though, as time goes on, I'm less convinced it has a lot of practical use. There are some cultures that believe they reincarnate within the same family group or clan, but ancestry seems like a temporary assignment to me. As soon as I looked at it that way, I've been drifting away from it having much importance to my practice.

cryphius

Neophyte
Reaction score
Well, in most mystical orders, there are teachings that don't get written down or that get locked away if they are. Things only known by the highest people. With the scattered way the Bible was coddified, can anyone really say that it may not have been passed down orally and got lost? Not trying to start a flame war, but things like this still happen. Seems reasonable to leave open the possibility.

Have you read the Gnostic Texts? I tend to think Jesus was a Gnostic.

The Church doesn't deny the existence of the Gnostic texts, but it did deliberately exclude them from the codification of the Bible. Of course, the central Gnostic belief - that people experience God directly through personal knowledge/insight rather than through priests and other intermediaries - would have made the Church irrelevant.

Sage

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
No.

To me, Catholic faith(I was Catholic by birth, not by choice) as well as other religions of the Abrahamic line destroyed my "good will towards the concept of religion".

I despise worshipping beings, and aside few faiths, see most religions as cults used to brainwash people out of their free will, discernment and "self".

I am of the mind that, as long as I continue being a decent person and striving to develop myself, I'm fine.

hungry_ghost

Internet Forum NPC
Reaction score
Awards
I'm in a similar boat. I was raised Catholic and I switched to Satanism when I moved out of my parents house. Now the teachings I utilize come from Buddhism, Hinduism, and the ONA. I couldn't say I'm happier because I haven't been more balanced in my life.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I was raised Christian but left. Looked into Buddhism but wasn't for me. I've tried being a pagan, a Heathen, and a Satanist.

I've learned from these religions, but I can't seem to fit in entirety with a single tradition. I'm a lot happier beimg a freelance occultist and doing my own thing in private.

What about the rest of you?
I was a Christian, a Satanist, and a Luciferian. However, that changed when I realized, that there was more to The Universe than meets the eye. I am no longer religious at all. I feel that I am more than just these specific religions. I really don't carry labels. I am just me.