• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Do you practice any religions or faiths?

Girlinthefields

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I was raised as an atheist. Moved to Brazil about 11 years ago and got introduced to spiritism. It kind of opened the door for me and I still participate in the meetings as we do voluntary/charity work for those in need which is pretty important to me as a human being. But my daugher, 10 years old at the time decided she was a witch, which opened a completely different door for me and over the past 6 years or so I have been learning more about different philosophies...at the end of the day, I know now that there is far more out there than it seems, that we can do far more than we are told...
And if I can look at myself in the mirror without shame every morning, than I can choose to follow whichever belief works for me...

Roma

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I know now that there is far more out there than it seems, that we can do far more than we are told...

Quite so, but who will teach a human how to influence a solar system?

The best we have managed is to have some 16 countries sign an ethics agreement to limit such influence in the solar system.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Girlinthefields

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Quite so, but who will teach a human how to influence a solar system?

The best we have managed is to have some 16 countries sign an ethics agreement to limit such influence in the solar system.

I was referring more to the fact that world is not just a materialistic layer (as I was brought up to believe within the atheist society)...grow up, go to university, get a great job etc...

Girlinthefields

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Oh yes, absolutely. I currently dont have high hopes for the society/humanity overall, in honesty...most are driven by their ego, very few follow a path of equilibrium, respect...
Most find it dificult to not throw rubbish on the floor, let alone think of higher impact subjects...
I try to do my bit and make what i encounter better or at least not cause a damage...and teach those that i can (like my kids) to do the same...and yes, plant as many trees as I can (a bit of an obsession of mine lol).

Roma

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I currently dont have high hopes for the society/humanity overall,

No doubt you have higher hopes for your children. It is important to look for the best in others.

From my limited observation, humans born after 1995 generally have a clearer commitment to planetary outcomes.

For example the Chinese philosophy of "lying flat" may be a rejection of authoritarian materialistic society.

Girlinthefields

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Yes, you have a point there. The new generation has beams of hope in certain individuals. Its by no means all and in everything where they exceed, as the lack of realism may cause them some trouble too.

As I mentioned earlier, you may want to save the universe but you are still surrounded by 7 billion others so one has to adjust to the material reality while rejecting it at the same time...? And that is where for myself personally lies the battle...findinf the right balance and not getting swallowed by either end.

Sage

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
For example the Chinese philosophy of "lying flat" may be a rejection of authoritarian materialistic society.
Considering how many of them don't have much to look up to in their lives, due to the extreme corruption of society and the iron grip that CCP has over China, it makes sense from a logical point that to them lying flat is the only thing they can do.

After all, when you're told/shown that no matter how hard or how much you work, no matter how much you try to be an upstanding citizen, your life will never get easy nor rewarding, you either feel hopeless enough to die or you just do the bare minimum to live day by day and "endure it".

Girlinthefields

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Unfortunately you do not have to go all the way to China...most of the modern society with it's rules and regulations and orders and prohibitions have left the young generation either in limbo or brainwashed to blindly follow.

I have a teenager at home and the fact that she is a 'gentle soul' (moral, ethical, deep thinker, rejecting the consumerism etc), has left her isolated and discouraged...and yes, depressed too...

I am simplifying of course, for the sake of not writing a novel as a reply message lol.

Which brings me back to my belief that one can only change oneself and own environment and through example hope to impact positively those/that closest.

Sage

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
most of the modern society with it's rules and regulations and orders and prohibitions have left the young generation either in limbo or brainwashed to blindly follow
The problem aren't the rules and regulations themselves, but that those with more seem to always disregard such things and usually no punishment(proper punishment, let me be clear) befalls them, while those of more modest/humble origins or existence are pushed against the wall if they even think to act like the ones with power and status do.

This hipocrisy, this blatant favoritism and corruption tends to make one think about how life is unfair when those that commit evil are free and able to enjoy life, and those that are good are punished for being good, for "following the rules".
It's a game where proper players are always being challenged and dealt with, while cheaters/hackers just reap their and others' rewards.

No wonder the younger ones either grow up to despise and fight against the system in any way they can, or they just succumb to it and let themselves "just live" without actually living.

Girlinthefields

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
The problem aren't the rules and regulations themselves, but that those with more seem to always disregard such things and usually no punishment(proper punishment, let me be clear) befalls them, while those of more modest/humble origins or existence are pushed against the wall if they even think to act like the ones with power and status do.

This hipocrisy, this blatant favoritism and corruption tends to make one think about how life is unfair when those that commit evil are free and able to enjoy life, and those that are good are punished for being good, for "following the rules".
It's a game where proper players are always being challenged and dealt with, while cheaters/hackers just reap their and others' rewards.

No wonder the younger ones either grow up to despise and fight against the system in any way they can, or they just succumb to it and let themselves "just live" without actually living.
Yes, absolutely. I agree. It is hard for younger people to accept that the world isn't fair. You grow up being fed the fairytales of good vs evil and than you really grow up and are faced with a rather ugly reality.

Bringing it back to the original topic, I wonder what others think of the affect of having or not having some philosophy you live by (not a fan of dogmatic religion as such)...

I feel that it gives a certain backbone, some direction to your life. At least it helped me. And I found it really late.
The younger generations seem to be quite far away from it....even though I may be completely wrong with this assumption as I am sure it differs based on countries...

William66

Solomonic practitioner
Reaction score
Awards
I was raised Christian but left. Looked into Buddhism but wasn't for me. I've tried being a pagan, a Heathen, and a Satanist.

I've learned from these religions, but I can't seem to fit in entirety with a single tradition. I'm a lot happier beimg a freelance occultist and doing my own thing in private.

What about the rest of you?
I was born a muslim , not raised as a muslim. Yes i do believe in Allah (Ar-Rahman - Adonai - El, All Mighty(Abrahams God), i practice solomonic magic, BUT only for good purposes( like finding job,love, positive things in life). I was before (2015-16) a demonolater for a year and after 6 month i left and confessed. Since that only positivity for the use of magic. :)

The Golden Jackal

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
every one needs religion but what it is today is not it's real self. Thus, I use the term dharma, the world has been labeled by world views that they take for religion but really they know nothing and are wasting their time. I believe in the Vedic religion not hinduism but the Universal and absolute truth . Atharvan to be exact, this is the first magic and supreme , and safe for one's soul which religion is for. I use the goddess kali and also krishna but the wisdom of the self is the way to freedom. These two are very easy to approach and give the most. Learning the secret of Kali leads one to the highest powers and make all these quabla quacks look like the fakes they are.

Roma

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I seem to recall reading that St Augustine, to deal with the issue that Christianity adopted much from previous religions, claimed that Christianity had always existed but only recently been called that. If so, it was not founded by Jesus.

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I am a hybrid of beliefs and practices of:
==============================
Jews/Essenes/Christian Apostolic
Druidism
Bahai
Hoodoo/Witchcraft
Qabbalistic/Psalms/Affirmations Candle Magic
Ceremonial Magic (Low and high)

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I was raised Christian but left. Looked into Buddhism but wasn't for me. I've tried being a pagan, a Heathen, and a Satanist.

I've learned from these religions, but I can't seem to fit in entirety with a single tradition. I'm a lot happier beimg a freelance occultist and doing my own thing in private.

What about the rest of you?
Raised Christian, still can’t shake it due to personal experience, definitely would not be considered anything near orthodox. Lately I have been exploring a lot of the Hindu path with meditation and chakras and am interested in higher planes of reality. I’m starting to think all these faiths lead to the same road once you remove dogma and stigmas.

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Christian. Especially this year, so much love from family and real friends has been shown to me while the greater portion of the world was and still is against me, but I no longer feel abandoned.
So, as for magick, the clock is ticking for me, I may withdraw and follow the priests, and leave the world to burn.

Amur

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
I was raised a Bahai but then I noticed how full of shit my father is and started dissolving everything, broke pretty much everything a part and then I even died physically and came back to life. Nowadays I talk to angels, demons and to God directly I told Him that I won't pray but can talk to Him. I also talk to the Spirit of Jebus who has taught me a lot of things. I am 777 as God and everybody else knows. I got enlightened at 21 and have a 21 year shamanistic initiation, the 21st letter in hebrew is Shin.