• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Harvesting Chi of others

Jackson

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
It is possible to perform exercises to improve the flow e.g. by using the in-breath to pull more life force for deficient organs.
I believe I had done this before, but while I could probably manage to research it, if you would like, you could suggest a specific work on the subject apart from an entire book on Blavatsky.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Did I describe the exercise in one of my posts?

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I am not an expert on the subject of your posts, but if I was going to read 1,700+ pages of anything, it would probably be something else - anything else.
If I'm not mistaken, Blatvatsky's books are measured in cubic meters of shelf space, not pages. As in, "According to the Oxfart Dictionary, one blavatsky equals 1.76 cubic meters. Example: 'Barth's Systematische Theologie is an immense work. Nearly 13 blatvaskys in hard cover edition.'"

ishtarfol

Neophyte
Reaction score
I think in practical terms, qi cultivation should be a daily and ongoing process. Meaning, you'll probably just do it in your bedroom, or living room, or balcony or garden or something. Unless you live by the beach or in the mountains it's just not practical to find such spots everyday. Better a daily practice in your bedroom than once a month on the hilltop.

As long you keep to common sense things like not doing it in the toilet, or next to a dustbin, and keep away from weird things like trying to suck energy from your neighbours cat or the local cemetery or even worse the electric outlet, you'll be fine.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I think in practical terms, qi cultivation should be a daily and ongoing process. Meaning, you'll probably just do it in your bedroom, or living room, or balcony or garden or something. Unless you live by the beach or in the mountains it's just not practical to find such spots everyday. Better a daily practice in your bedroom than once a month on the hilltop.

As long you keep to common sense things like not doing it in the toilet, or next to a dustbin, and keep away from weird things like trying to suck energy from your neighbours cat or the local cemetery or even worse the electric outlet, you'll be fine.
The Aghori sadhus in India do hang out in graveyards apparently doing just that. I'm guessing this takes highly specialized training and maybe a certain bent of personality.

ishtarfol

Neophyte
Reaction score
Pretty much, I guess. Same with sewers, landfills, and so on, doesnt Agrippa say that different kinds of places attract different kinds of spirits, and such places attract Saturnine amd "dirty" spirits (and energies). Unless for some reason you feel you need more of that in your life and body, then sure.
Post automatically merged:

Or... If you want to do it because some stranger on the internet says to, and I'm not the boss of you, then by all means too 😂

Last edited:

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Pretty much, I guess. Same with sewers, landfills, and so on, doesnt Agrippa say that different kinds of places attract different kinds of spirits, and such places attract Saturnine amd "dirty" spirits (and energies). Unless for some reason you feel you need more of that in your life and body, then sure.
Post automatically merged:

Or... If you want to do it because some stranger on the internet says to, and I'm not the boss of you, then by all means too 😂
Actually, the prevailing Zeitgeist is more of an "I'll-do-it-because-someone-said-not-to" imp. "The grimoire says to do a banishing AND cast a circle?! A circle dictated by some diagram?! Why them patriarchal muvverfuzzers, I'll show them, I will!"

Ziran

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Hi all, Ave,

I have a shaman and LHP friend who had people staying with her, and she knows energy abundant was hanging in the air (the people staying with her have no shielding or grounding, and were humping like camels..bunnies)

So, two questions:
1. How does a beginner get to sensing energy, their own or others,
2. How does a beginner harvest that available Chi?

Thanks, Care,

Nocte Ac Die, Diluculo.

Hello Diluculo,

After reading the replies, it sounds to me that this is not harvesting chi. Instead I would consider it a form of sorcery. Chi has a specific defintion from the tradition where it originated. It also has a general meaning outside of the tradition. From within that tradition of origin, my understanding is, Chi is not harvested from another. However, from a different framework it is certainly possible for a sorcerer to conjure their own "chi" or vigor from what ever it is that is "inspiring" to them.

If this is a proper model for understanding the phenomena your friend is describing, then, the answer to question #1 is a self exploration of what is inspiring to the beginner. If it is inspiring to consider "harvesting chi from another" that gives clues to the sort of "things" which are inspiring to them. If they are inspired by the humping of camels and bunnnies that is occuring in close proximity, then that is also part of the sorcerer's tool kit. Through experimentation, the beginner learns about themself and what is inspiring to them.

If this sounds like a simple mundane idea, that's because it is. However, if an individual is clever, and persistent, they will learn how to layer these inspiring ideas, events, symbols together into a spell or a ritual or a meditation. And that is how it works. The layering is what produces the profound effect, in my opinion. Although if there is something which is strongly inspiring to the individual, then perhaps, layer is not needed. This is where archetypes come into play.

A common example that I've heard is that going to bars and clubs is swarming and "buzzing" with energy, and this can be "harvested". I do not agree with these words, because, what I think is happening instead is that the vigor/vitality is being conjured by the individual, it's not being harvested from anyone. But the surroundings are inspiring and this is a component of the "spell" that is being cast. The target is themself, not the others.

My opinion is that this model of sorcery is a good fit for many of the other examples brought in the thread of harvesting chi, YMMV.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Life force (chi/prana) pervades all of Existence. The human is quite entitled to take the life force directly but usually not from other beings.

Breast feeding a baby is an obvious exception.

Life force in the Hindu tradition is differentiated into the five electricities. Differentiation of life force allows more delicate operations by the wise wizard

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Jackson

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
After reading the replies, it sounds to me that this is not harvesting chi. Instead I would consider it a form of sorcery. Chi has a specific defintion from the tradition where it originated.
There if you have it, if you wanted to know "how to become better at sensing chi", try looking up the tradition it came from.

Djnenas

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
This is an interesting subject indeed. So much to consider depending on everyone's personal perspective. I just finished reading this book named The Magnum Opus: A Step by Step Course by John Kreiter... it is a pretty interesting course with some good energetic practices. He talks about some interesting concepts about energy re absorption for the purpose of regaining lost energy. In this book he lays out a whole routine for the attainment of your very own Philosopher's Stone (or Pearl). Not to mention the added benefit of freeing yourself from the Archon. I will most definitely try out the whole course in practice to check it out. But ill admit that it will take some time to develop a steady practice even though the routines he presents are most definitely doable no matter your schedule. As long as there is a will, there will be a way;)