• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

My forte

Reaction score
Awards
In my experience elementals are the innate intelligences of the various elements - earth, water, fire, air, ether/wood/life

Thus every human has elementals inherent in its bodies (physical, emotional, mental, buddhic, atmic etc)

Most humans have various nature spirits that (aspire to) manage those elementals. Typically the arrangement is that each chakra has at least one managing entity - usually nature spirits, but possibly a higher deva.

Brain damage/toxicity (common in autism and dementia) can often result in some nature spirits giving up - so that the related human functionality is then primitive.

Out in nature, I mostly find nature spirits rather than elementals coming to look at me. Occasionally a landscape deva (or greater) may show some interest.

My own methodology for dealing with incoming entities is:

• measure the frequency (plane and subplane) on which they are functioning
  • measure their light-dark balance
  • compare them with known kingdoms
  • assess point of origin: local, planetary, etc
  • assess their agenda
  • seek advice from known sponsors if necessary
  • decide whether to cooperate with them.

Sometimes an entity arrives from a trusted source to provide some skill/awareness/function to my energy system. After a trial I often let such entities stay.

Every couple of weeks I turn out all those supernumerary entities and assess them against my latest standards. Usually half get bumped.
We are likely using the same word to say different things. What I'm using it to describe is discrete spiritual beings that are not additive, but whole. Spirits with a strong connection to an element.

I personally lean away from using the word chakra, as it is originally specific to hinduism and buddhism, neither of which I profess, and it carries a lot of misunderstood baggage in the west. A lot of assumptions about something one does not understand.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
lean away from using the word chakra

As you will know chakra means circle or turning. My observation of chakras is that the lower chakras look rather like vertical American donuts - with a hole in the middle where the energy substance is swept into the vortex. The heavy vibes are at the bottom and higher vibes at the top - in subplane layers.

Often the intelligence operating the vortex is traumatised - from past or current lives.

Often there are hooks in the vortex put there to control the human.

I recall the senior public servant of my state. He looked like a pin cushion with dozens of hooks - so that he had very few degrees of freedom. When he was sacked he became the commissioner of prisons. It seemed appropriate.

Reaction score
Awards
As you will know chakra means circle or turning. My observation of chakras is that the lower chakras look rather like vertical American donuts - with a hole in the middle where the energy substance is swept into the vortex. The heavy vibes are at the bottom and higher vibes at the top - in subplane layers.

Often the intelligence operating the vortex is traumatised - from past or current lives.

Often there are hooks in the vortex put there to control the human.

I recall the senior public servant of my state. He looked like a pin cushion with dozens of hooks - so that he had very few degrees of freedom. When he was sacked he became the commissioner of prisons. It seemed appropriate.
I have a functional understanding of "energy centers" (as I call them) and their uses, but I avoid using the word chakra because it feels appropriative. If it's an important part of your practice, I'm not here to impinge on that.

Reaction score
Awards
A Window Into Spiritual Practice - The Manipulation of Essences into Form and Function

Taking a break from my deeper analysis of spirit types, since anything older than Hard Lights and Accusers I have more feelings on, and less information. Today I would like to go into my technique a little, since it is probably quite different than the formal methods and traditions I've seen discussed on this and other forums. It is a non-divine, or perhaps self-divine practice, though I do not think of myself as any kind of god or deity. I am the source of 90% of what I use, so that's what I'm referring to.

When I begin shaping constructs, the first gesture is one of grazing. Think of when you hold a hand out the car window to feel the wind, or trail fingers off the side of a boat, or brush against tall grasses. That is what I do, and I use that feeling to become instinctively tied to the essences I'm working with. I can draw from my own, or from the essences around me, with very little difference in result.

Once I've got a strand of something that I want to use, I allow my subconscious to guide my hands. The form my fingers take is only partly based on the basic five-finger hand seals (each finger representing a key essence). The more important part is moving with the image in my head. My fingers likely will not perform the exact motion physically, but I have my essential being working the sign in tandem, so my non-physical essences are more dexterous.

Each essence takes a different form. To my senses, Physical Essence is "red," bears a wiry texture like tin, copper, or glass, and wants naturally to take shapes like stone or plant life. Usually flowers. Physical Essence is not very pliable, and trying to work with it does little or nothing to the object which I'm drawing from. Nor does it create a material object of any kind. The form I am constructing exists only in the essential, invisible and intangible to ordinary senses. The only thing it does when something interacts with it, is push back against intruding essences, abrading them and taking a piece. Because of this, I find "red" forms are good to give my working stability or to receive and store an essence coming my way.

Conscious Essence is "orange," bears a fluid texture like water or sand, and does not want to take a shape. It can be compelled into basic geometric shapes -- squares, circles, and so on. Here I will stop and point out that PE is not always "red" or matching those other descriptors, and likewise CE is not always "orange" with the above experience. It is generally that way in my perception, and I tend to work it into that form regardless. Keeps things simpler. Conscious Essence does not want to stay in shape, but can more or less stay "in place." It's not like Mental Essence that slips entirely out of hand. If I form it into a circle, the circumference wants to widen. If I form it into a tube, the tube wants to lengthen. And whatever I use the essence to enhance, or "grow," it does so quite naturally. I typically use "orange" forms as fuel for shaping Physical or Mental constructs. For example, if I work a "red" lotus shape intended to soak up hateful or depressive energy patterns in my environment, I will lace the "petals" and the "leaves" with orange details that tie the whole thing together. This lets the construct reach a wider area more easily.

Reaction score
Awards
A Window Into Spiritual Practice - The Manipulation of Mental Essences and Others

Before I continue, a brief note: essences will sometimes become colored by the nature of their source. Physical essence drawn from wood or metal might feel sticky and tasteless, while physical essence drawn from a person or animal will feel more "alive," buzzing with potential. Conscious essence often carries a strong influence of one or more senses, which can give the working a glamour or even deceive those interacting with it. Mental essence often carries a notion or a strong feeling, making those who interact with it experience intrusive or spurious thoughts, or feel stronger or more conflicting emotions.

Mental Essence takes a lot of features when I use it, but I generally work it into yellow or white light, golden flames, or glimmering strands. These, like all the other associated descriptors, are nothing more than illusions of the Conscious. The "flames" cannot actually burn any materials, or change the heat of the room. What the essence really is is concentrated willpower, intention; I pour my desire and my thoughts into it. If you were to sense the real nature behind the imagery I've described, what you'd detect is that intent and those thoughts. Say for example, if the working was to cut through someone's stubbornness and help them understand, observing the "blade" closely enough would reveal that that was what I wanted. Mental Essence is kinetic, vivid, and lacks stamina; if committed to a task, it will soon burn out and require replacement. If I weave Conscious and Vital essences into it, I can give it the consumptive property that it needs to draw on more fuel. Even that is not perfect. If Conscious Essence is what I use for "fuel," Mental Essence serves as the "spark plug." The wheels, too, in a sense. It's the "GO" involved. If I worked a "red" disc and used "orange" designs to make it grow into a shield, I would use "yellow" to give it intensity. Instead of letting things dig into it and leave holes, the shield now deflects essential harm. Making one to deflect material objects is, insofar as I've seen, not possible.

Vital Essence is more meta. For starters, I generally work it into green, abstract forms somewhat resembling wind, ripples, or "energy." Sparks, lightning, that sort of thing. That is not the form it takes on its own, which is more like pale fibers, but I don't use it that way. The root of this essence is a sort of manipulative unity, an engineered cohesion. It can make Physical Essence more resilient (in conjunction with Conscious Essence), or less resilient (if working with Mental Essence), or both in various places. It can control how Conscious Essence makes things grow, curbing it or encouraging it in places. It takes the violent, erratic driving force that is Mental Essence, and gives it direction. Purpose. In the above car analogy, Vital Essence is the steering wheel. If a steering wheel allowed you to molecularly manipulate your car. I wire my constructs with "green" to give me more control, but only if I have the time to really make use of it. It takes more time and focus for me, not sure about the rest of you.

Causality, experienced in its "essential" state, is something of a mystery to me. I generally view it as a shapeless, blue field, something like light and something like water. I cannot make it take an arbitrary shape, like I can with the other essences, but I can work through it to shape other things. If I use Causality at a low concentration, high emission, it seems almost white to me. That form seems to repel things and is useful for firing off my completed workings with greater "oomph," or forcing excess or unwanted influences out of my being. It's a "release" valve. If I use Causality at a high concentration, low emission, it seems almost black instead. That form I use as a siphon, to draw essences into myself and (if I open the way to the greater Causal Plane) release those essences into the Universe remotely from myself. While I could "fire and forget" that way, I believe consequences will come back my way. So instead, I sort of "bubble" it where I can keep tabs on it, and bring the castoff back later for proper disposal. Causality is also a vector for nonverbal, potentially non-psychic communication, but I'm not as well-versed in that.

There are "higher" forms I have started learning to use, essences more removed from conventional reality, but I know little about them for certain and have nothing specific to speak on. One is tied to the All-Seeing Observer, what some refer to as Ajna or the Third Eye. It is a penetrating sense that needs no baser essences and can ignore/avoid all of them. It is my understanding that a lot of the essences "higher" than this are the exclusive property of enlightened beings or high-energy existences, so my ability to draw on them without earning them is likely limited.

Reaction score
Awards
A Window Into Spiritual Practice - Invest In Glass Cleaner

Not literally, of course. The title of today's subject refers to the role of the "Third Eye," and how it can be overused in contexts that do not require so liberal an application. The elemental essence of Water, more accurately described as the Conscious Essence, is key to your awareness and more specific avenues of perception. Your mastery and control of it will do wonders to clarify your perspective, making it so that aggressive use of the Eye is scarcely ever necessary.

We humans understand sensation, physically, in terms of the "five" senses. In reality, it gets much more complicated. Sight is a matter of depth perception, distinctions based upon contrast, and color differentiation, but it is more than that too. Sight ties into comprehension and memory in a powerful way, and the practice of writing has looped it into language. Sight refers its signals to many parts of the brain. The same structures that have to do with hearing also control your balance, such that hearing damage and ear infections can play hell with your ability to stand (or just exist without wanting to puke). The "sense" of touch is also extremely compartmentalized. The somatic senses include texture, temperature, pressure, the position of one's limbs and one's relationship in space to other objects, and of course pain. Wiser people before me have identified meaningful links between the senses and the base five essences. I have ratified these to be personally sure of the connection.

Your awareness of sight, not only in the physical but "sight" of spiritual things as well, is not as simple as Taste's base connection to the Conscious essence. In addition to relying upon it and being shaped by it, sight has a powerful tether to Psychic essence. To your thought life and emotional state of being. If you find you cannot see spirits, or can't see them clearly, one thing you should certainly try is to clarify your mental state. Gain control of your Psychic essence, organize your thoughts and dismiss those not of present concern, and become attentive to how you are feeling. Only with proper mindfulness, and clearing of the "house," can you reach a state where this other "sight" becomes useful. The gifted with Clairvoyance may find they "see things" regardless, but there's a lot that can play into that. Most experts will strongly recommend you seek counseling first, to ensure you are not afflicted with an unrelated condition disrupting your senses. I would personally add that, if the counselor is very spiritually or mystically averse, they may color their perception of the matter by firmly denying Clairvoyance even exists. Yes, it is a concern to check whether the images are born of delusion or of heightened awareness, but dogmatic omission of all spiritual existence should be a starting point or a hurdle to jump. Not the destination.

Your awareness of hearing, including the Clairaudient notion, has a deep connection to Causality. Just as physical disturbances send out ripple effects, thus producing sound, so too do actions on a grander scale. Guilt over your actions, or fixation upon the actions of others, can be very disruptive to spiritual sensation. Clear the board, reassert acceptance and the will to carry on regardless of what happens. The sooner you can grapple with your deeds or the responses to them, learn from mistakes, and continue with an improved perspective, the more you will catch with your "Divine Ear." Bear in mind as well: delusions of any sensation are possible, including hearing, and just as likely to be linked to problems I mentioned above. Once you've done the duty of looking after your health, spiritual awakening can proceed.

Your awareness of smell, including Clairalience, is firmly rooted in Physical essence. But not only your present experience. Being preoccupied with the past can make present clarity difficult to maintain. The same goes for a vain quest to know the future. Allow yourself to be content with what is around you, what is accessible to you, and leave what is not for others to handle. Dogged physical pursuits stifle spiritual growth, unless executed with the right forward direction. I personally have disagreements with witches who perform prosperity spells and the like, especially the Instagram variety who like to flaunt how successful their spells make them in the material world. That does not mean a spiritual life and a physical sense of wealth cannot coexist. Just a moral disagreement I have.

Your awareness of the somatic senses, likewise, has much to do with your Vital Essence. But this is a lot more than just feeling a chill, or being able to "touch" a spirit. Remember the complexity I started with explaining. Temperatures are a part of it; the presence or actions of a spirit can make you feel warmer or colder, even fog up glass or cause condensation. I was originally very skeptical of this, but recent adventures have taught me otherwise. Your spiritual senses can manifest as a knowledge you are being contacted, no different than the knowledge you have been stabbed or struck physically. Even a way to help counteract spirits controlling you. These senses can also isolate physical coordinates where the spirit is "located," with regard to you and the surrounding area. There may be no conventional matter present, but spirits attempting to interact with you will have a detectable "presence" that maps to your environment (in some cases). Generally, a person lacking special awareness of such will not feel physical pain when a spirit harms them. Not unless the harm is physical; and even then, they may not associate it with the spirit's influence. But building this awareness may expose you to that, cause you to physically feel when your non-physical essence is under attack.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
In my view, inner plane sense organs can be developed on every subplane - assuming there is enough substance accumulated on that subplane and that the human operates systematically. Perhaps there are as many as 12 senses per subplane.

Many of the subtle senses are well known including:

• sense of direction
  • sense of humor
  • sense of justice
  • smelling a story
  • sense of anticipation

Reaction score
Awards
In my view, inner plane sense organs can be developed on every subplane - assuming there is enough substance accumulated on that subplane and that the human operates systematically. Perhaps there are as many as 12 senses per subplane.

Many of the subtle senses are well known including:

• sense of direction
  • sense of humor
  • sense of justice
  • smelling a story
  • sense of anticipation
Respectfully, my understanding is that "sense of humor" is a turn of phrase, rather than a personal capability in the same regard as sight or Clairvoyance. Using the word "sense" that way came about in the 1600s, and is a primarily english way of speaking. If I'm understanding right, a Spanish speaker might use the phrase "Eres buena contando chistes" in place of "You have a good sense of humor" (if complimenting a person's joke telling) or "Puede aceptar una broma" (if saying a person can take a joke at their expense). A literal translation of the two phrases back into English would be something like "good with telling a story in jest" and "may accept a prank/may take the prank well." So communicating the same exact thing, English speakers would refer to it as a "sense" while Spanish speakers could refer to it as a form of talking or a form of acceptance.

Not trying to shout you down, just want to make sure we don't confuse figurative speech for esoteric ability. And there is some crossover, since esotery deals a lot in powerful symbology.

A good way to illustrate your position would be to tell me how humor/comedy is an actual sense that functions on a different plane of existence.

I've locked in on humor as the example, but these other "senses" you listed are the same way. Phrases that use the word "sense" figuratively. Unlike the homing pigeon, humans lack a dedicated way to sense direction. They must learn or adapt techniques with their other sense or their knowledge base (north-facing moss, wind direction sensed by a damp finger, for examples). "See what I mean" or "I smell a story" are descriptions of gaining awareness, but more cognizantly than by sensation. "See what I mean" actually means "do you now realize what I was saying is true," where "I smell a story" means "I'm starting to think there is more going on" or "I'm starting to think this would be good information to reveal to people" perhaps via recounting it or writing it down.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be pedantic. This is just me.