• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

What is the last film you watched?

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Fuck, it's been ages since I watched a film. I mostly watch TV series nowadays.

I honestly think the last movie I watched was Tenet. It was good. 8/10. Not as great as I've come to expect from Christopher Nolan though.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
The last one was a documentary about mecca: inside the haram. It is about the people who keep it working. So IT-personel, watercarriers, etc. So not about islam per se, but more about how they keep it working in a business sense. Quite cool to see and without trying to convert.

William66

Solomonic practitioner
Reaction score
Awards
Stay Alive. It's about a video game, if you die in the game then you die in real life, love that movie!

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
The seventh Sign, it stars Demi Moore, it’s about the end of the world, use to scare me as a kid cause I believed in all that crap

Mart

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Robinson Crusoe (1954). So far the best adaptation and the most accurate, out of the ones I've seen. I have been romanticizing the desert island setting since childhood.

Maulbeere

Neophyte
Reaction score
Um, "I, Frakenstein", sometime last year it showed up free on youtube and I had the time.
I liked it well enough, in a light entertainment, suspend disbelief over a large glass of wine, fantasy romance sort of way.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Um, "I, Frakenstein", sometime last year it showed up free on youtube and I had the time.
I liked it well enough, in a light entertainment, suspend disbelief over a large glass of wine, fantasy romance sort of way.
I saw parts of that, I liked the martial arts

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
I forget whether the last one was Shang-Chi and the Ten Rings or the Matrix. Either way, was good.

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Dune (2021) and it was pretty good. I liked what Denis Villeneuve did with Bladerunner 2049 and this was along the same cinematography.

Then later on the same day I watched Venom 2: Let There Be Carnage. It was ok, a run of the mill Marvel-esque movie. Won't win any real awards or get the cast any real promotions on The List in Hollywood.

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Dune (2021) and it was pretty good. I liked what Denis Villeneuve did with Bladerunner 2049 and this was along the same cinematography.

Then later on the same day I watched Venom 2: Let There Be Carnage. It was ok, a run of the mill Marvel-esque movie. Won't win any real awards or get the cast any real promotions on The List in Hollywood.
I am dying to watch Dune.

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
If you have HBO Max it's available on there, that's where I watched it. Saw Venom in theaters though

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
How was Dune?
Very good. Cast and direction were spot on. Despite filming in a studio for a lot of it, I didn't feel like they were on a studio set. Denis does a great job with different filming techniques like blocking. It's 2 hours and 43 so take that into account

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Saw an indie film called I Trapped the Devil...cast was large,y unknown with a small budget but they made it work, a man supposedly trapped the devil in his basement and his brother n his wife stop by to check on him. They think he’s crazy and suspense builds from there as they sense something very wrong with the man locked in the basement

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Saw an indie film called I Trapped the Devil...cast was large,y unknown with a small budget but they made it work, a man supposedly trapped the devil in his basement and his brother n his wife stop by to check on him. They think he’s crazy and suspense builds from there as they sense something very wrong with the man locked in the basement
Shit that actually sounds like a great concept... I hope it's not ruined by newbie direction and screenplay mistakes...

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Shit that actually sounds like a great concept... I hope it's not ruined by newbie direction and screenplay mistakes...
No it’s a low budget direct to video film. Many weren’t into it due to it being a slow burn

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
After rewatching it, it can be a bit boring but it’s not a bad film...thought I’d mention that

Yazata

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
The Color out of Space. It was alright. Reminded me a lot of an 80's movie we used to watch called The Farm which was a lot scarier and more gore. But I was younger then 🤔

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Watched Red Notice on Netflix yesterday before work rather than going LIVE on TikTok. It's a fun and funny flick with an interesting little twist at the end which I did not see coming (and I read screenplays for fun lol). Chemistry between The Rock, Ryan Reynolds and Gal Gadot was great. No one out-acted the other and they played well together. Directing was smooth and there were even a few drone shots (which I absolutely loathe in filmmaking) but Rawson made it seamless (though I could still tell it was a drone, just smoother movements than usual). Unfortunately it's an action flick so there are no specific shots that I loved or anything like that. I mean, it's not a Cohen Bros film :ROFLMAO: Don't really remember much about the score so I can't speak to that, but again it's an action flick so who cares about music!