• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

What is the last film you watched?

Rowena

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Under Paris (2024)

Review contains spoilers:

Basically, a French ecological monster-horror film that could be summed up as Jaws in Paris.
It has pretty good CGI & practical effects - so nothing like most modern shark-movies - is decently paced, and has better acting, directing & production values that most B-movies.
I saw a dubbed version, and I thought it was pretty watchable.

I'm pretty critical of most movies, but I'd still give this a 6/10.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Last night I watched "Eight Eyes". Knew nothing about it other than the title and that it's horror.

Picture an occult Texas Chainsaw Massacre set in Serbia with a sprinkle of psychedelics. Not terrible. There's also a completely naked guy in half of the scenes 🤣

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Hereditary.

It was a mix of disappointment and too many deaths seemingly for the sake of shock value(in my opinion).
The ending was the most interesting part, everything before it was "meh" at best.

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Last night I watched "Eight Eyes". Knew nothing about it other than the title and that it's horror.

Picture an occult Texas Chainsaw Massacre set in Serbia with a sprinkle of psychedelics. Not terrible. There's also a completely naked guy in half of the scenes 🤣
Sounds like a typical Saturday night in Sarajevo.

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Rambo vs Predator
It's on YouTube and is a collage / new story made by editing together scenes from both franchises. Fun to watch.

Reaction score
Awards
Rambo vs Predator
It's on YouTube and is a collage / new story made by editing together scenes from both franchises. Fun to watch.
Holy shit! File this under things I didn’t know existed but now I have to watch.

About to start Godzilla King of Monsters in a few minutes. Had to start the monsterverse over again since the littlest ones don’t remember them.

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Alien: Romulus

Not good, unless you're already a fan of the Alien franchise. IMO this entry was shit.

stratamaster78

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Longlegs

Really disappointing with pretty terrible dialogue and wooden acting and overacting.

It has some ‘Occult’ stuff in it but it’s only surface level deep.

I was hoping this would be a good horror/thriller but it’s not.

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Rambo vs Predator
When I'm working at the computer, I often play old flicks on my smartphone. Today was Hitchcock's "Rope." A quite good piece about two young gents who take the secular LHP. (Briefly.) One could say, as many have, that the movie "trivializes" or "misrepresents" the LHP, especially in its Nietzschean variety. It is rather more difficult to specify just what is misrepresented in the film. Professor Rupert, the Uebermensch poseur, throws in the towel at the end and winds up mouthing Methodist platitudes. So auditing the film can be a useful workout for LHP sympathizers.