• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

What is the last film you watched?

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
@Mider2009
Since you mention Mexican horror: have you seen Curandero? It's a pretty cool movie about a sort of white magician who helps the police. I think (watched it without subs)

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
It was a cool movie but I was literally the oldest non-parent person there. I had no idea it was a movie pretty much for teen boys.
Oh wow, that’s hilarious! I hadn’t thought to really take a look at the other people in the theater, but my mom dragged me to see Uncharted with her last week. Neither of us knew about the video game, but there were some actors in it that mom’s a fan of. Honestly not a bad movie overall, nice bit of fun.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Watched Ad Astra, very interesting movie with Brad Pitt, Donald Sutherland, Tommy Lee Jones

i think it’s an accurate portrayal of how we will branch out into the universe, have colonies on the moon etc, have commercial space flights like we have flights on airplanes.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Saw the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre yesterday. I think these remakes are kinda pointless but gave it a look anyway, and I thought it was great!
Some very cool special effects and nice kills.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
The last movie I watched, was "Predestination" guys and gals, what if the Future version of yourselves is watching you? Or what if you are reliving a past? This movie is a mind twister. Love it.

Amur

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Last movie I watched was "Don't look up". I don't watch movies very often.

Kronus

Apprentice of Lord Azazel & Demonic Warlord
Reaction score
Awards
Mostly I watch series like SkullTraill. I think the last movie I watched was... Wow, I don't even remember. Fugg. :p

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
A fun horror movie i watched recently is the Deep House.
With regards to the other thread about Goetia spirits in popculture; this movie features the seal of one of them very prominently and fits the story very good.
Take a look for yourself you might enjoy it.

cryphius

Neophyte
Reaction score
All my Heathen friends said I should watch "Northman."

So I saw it on Netflix and enjoyed it. It's by the same director as "Witch" which is also one of my favorite movies.

If you're all into Norse stuff, it's pretty good.

hungry_ghost

Internet Forum NPC
Reaction score
Awards
The new Batman. I actually liked it better than the Christopher Nolan ones. Perhaps it's just because I'm burned out on those movies. This one had a fresh take and it's worth watching.

Noth

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Everything, Everywhere, All at Once.

My God, what an amazing movie. I went in knowing only the basic plot summary, and I spent most of the movie howling with laughter.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Terrifier 2, very grotesque and violent

i rarely get uncomfortable watching a movie but this film defiantly made me go yuck a few times. The First is decent, this one had a bigger budget and it shows. The villain is disturbing and I’d like to see more of Art the Clown

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Thanks for the suggestion. Am looking for a good horror.
Watched "the Accursed" yesterday and it's pretty good. It has witches. Oohhh...

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Watched "Talk to me" last week. It's a nice horror from Australia (I believe) about teens summoning the dead.
There are no jump-scares and the music doesn't go to well with it in my opinion (raps).
But overall I liked it better than the last Insidious.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Watched "Talk to me" last week. It's a nice horror from Australia (I believe) about teens summoning the dead.
There are no jump-scares and the music doesn't go to well with it in my opinion (raps).
But overall I liked it better than the last Insidious.
I'mma look that up! Thanks Yazata!