• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

What is the last film you watched?

Nicolas Flamel

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I would highly reccomend you all go watch the original Kung Fu Panda (yes, I'm serious)

Listen to everything Master Oogway has to say, he has a wealth of occult knowledge sprinkled into this movie. Literally everything he says is the most profound shit I've ever heard in a kids movie.

My favorite line of his has to be:
"One often meets their destiny on the road taken to avoid it"

1. “There are no accidents.” – Master Oogway

2. “There is just news. There is no good or bad.” – Master Oogway

3. “There is always something more to learn. Even for a master.” – Master Oogway

4. “One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it.” – Master Oogway

5. “When will you realise? The more you take, the less you have.” – Master Oogway

6. “It is you who must decide whether to stay or go.” – Master Oogway

7. “When the path you walk always leads back to yourself, you never get anywhere.” – Master Oogway

8. “You are the master of your destiny: No one and nothing can come in between you and your destiny except you. Take destiny by the horns and have fun.” – Master Oogway

9. “If you only do what you can do, you will never be more than you are now.” – Master Oogway

10. “Nothing is impossible.” – Master Oogway

11. “Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.” – Master Oogway

12. “Remember the path.” – Master Oogway

13. “Maybe it can – if you are willing to guide it, to nurture it, to believe in it.” – Master Oogway

14. “You just need to believe. You must believe.” – Master Oogway

15. “Use your skills for good, young warrior. Find the one thing you were denied so long ago — compassion.” – Master Oogway

16. “Who knows the ways of the universe? Accident? Or destiny? That is the secret.” – Master Oogway

17. “My old friend, the panda will never fulfill his destiny, nor you yours, until you let go of the illusion of control.” – Master Oogway

18. “Your mind is like this water, my friend. When it is agitated, it becomes difficult to see. But if you allow it to settle, the answer becomes clear.” – Master Oogway

19. “Shifu, an acorn can only become the mighty oak, not a cherry tree. You must let her grow into what she will be.” – Master Oogway

20. “It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.” – Master Oogway

21. “Look at this tree, Shifu. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me, nor make it bear fruit before its time.” – Master Oogway
Source:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I would highly reccomend you all go watch the original Kung Fu Panda (yes, I'm serious)

Listen to everything Master Oogway has to say, he has a wealth of occult knowledge sprinkled into this movie. Literally everything he says is the most profound shit I've ever heard in a kids movie.

My favorite line of his has to be:
"One often meets their destiny on the road taken to avoid it"

1. “There are no accidents.” – Master Oogway

2. “There is just news. There is no good or bad.” – Master Oogway

3. “There is always something more to learn. Even for a master.” – Master Oogway

4. “One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it.” – Master Oogway

5. “When will you realise? The more you take, the less you have.” – Master Oogway

6. “It is you who must decide whether to stay or go.” – Master Oogway

7. “When the path you walk always leads back to yourself, you never get anywhere.” – Master Oogway

8. “You are the master of your destiny: No one and nothing can come in between you and your destiny except you. Take destiny by the horns and have fun.” – Master Oogway

9. “If you only do what you can do, you will never be more than you are now.” – Master Oogway

10. “Nothing is impossible.” – Master Oogway

11. “Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.” – Master Oogway

12. “Remember the path.” – Master Oogway

13. “Maybe it can – if you are willing to guide it, to nurture it, to believe in it.” – Master Oogway

14. “You just need to believe. You must believe.” – Master Oogway

15. “Use your skills for good, young warrior. Find the one thing you were denied so long ago — compassion.” – Master Oogway

16. “Who knows the ways of the universe? Accident? Or destiny? That is the secret.” – Master Oogway

17. “My old friend, the panda will never fulfill his destiny, nor you yours, until you let go of the illusion of control.” – Master Oogway

18. “Your mind is like this water, my friend. When it is agitated, it becomes difficult to see. But if you allow it to settle, the answer becomes clear.” – Master Oogway

19. “Shifu, an acorn can only become the mighty oak, not a cherry tree. You must let her grow into what she will be.” – Master Oogway

20. “It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.” – Master Oogway

21. “Look at this tree, Shifu. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me, nor make it bear fruit before its time.” – Master Oogway
Source:
Yeah I loved that movie.

ryen

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Finally saw Dune. I had been trying to finish the first book for the past couple months but 650 pages were tough to get thru. When I finally finished it a few days ago and went to stream it on HBO Max, it was gone!! They had taken it off like 2 days before I finished the book. Let’s just say I watched it by other means 😉

Movie was great and stayed true to the book. I was sort of bummed out to find that it was only the first part of the 3 in the first book, which means I could have read a third of it and watched it on IMAX. But maybe then I wouldn’t have finished the entire book when I did.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Anybody seen the 2020 movie Oxygen?
It's a sci-fi movie about a virus that'll wipe out humanity in two generations time.
The project that is created to save the human race is called...
Omicron.

The movie itself is not super exciting, but you might enjoy it. It's French with subtitles.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Well at least you got it out of futurama..
54be5a4cdab69.jpeg

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Spiderman: No Way Home and it was great. Directing is fluid and smooth. The acting was pretty good, Zendaya was the lagger here (though in some scenes she did great) but she needs to tap into whatever muse she uses on Euphoria because that show really puts her skills on display. Tom Holland did superb acting-wise and when him, Toby and Andrew were on screen together Andrew was really able to go toe to toe with Tom with their performances. AND WHAT THE FUCK.......ALFRED MOLINA AND WILLEM DAFOE IN THE SAME MUTHA FUCKIN MOVIE!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!! Seeing Willem Dafoe play a double-minded character (not his first) in a Marvel film was crazy. 8 out of 10 film.

The Matrix Resurrections: absolute donkey poop. This new one was shit. They made Neo a some pussy ass SJW. The nigga couldn't even fly any more, like what? I'm surprised he remembered how to fight because he was soft af. Where is the Neo from the Reloaded? Those fight scenes are nuts. But this one was trash. Maybe if it wasn't a matrix film and some other sci-fi flick it'd be fine, but as a follow up to the Matrix 20 YEARS LATER it was taco bell diarrhea.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Spiderman: No Way Home and it was great. Directing is fluid and smooth. The acting was pretty good, Zendaya was the lagger here (though in some scenes she did great) but she needs to tap into whatever muse she uses on Euphoria because that show really puts her skills on display. Tom Holland did superb acting-wise and when him, Toby and Andrew were on screen together Andrew was really able to go toe to toe with Tom with their performances. AND WHAT THE FUCK.......ALFRED MOLINA AND WILLEM DAFOE IN THE SAME MUTHA FUCKIN MOVIE!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!! Seeing Willem Dafoe play a double-minded character (not his first) in a Marvel film was crazy. 8 out of 10 film.

The Matrix Resurrections: absolute donkey poop. This new one was shit. They made Neo a some pussy ass SJW. The nigga couldn't even fly any more, like what? I'm surprised he remembered how to fight because he was soft af. Where is the Neo from the Reloaded? Those fight scenes are nuts. But this one was trash. Maybe if it wasn't a matrix film and some other sci-fi flick it'd be fine, but as a follow up to the Matrix 20 YEARS LATER it was taco bell diarrhea.
POSSIBLE SPOILERS

I heard it was just him force pushing people in fights....I guess they just wanted to try n cash in on another film.

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
POSSIBLE SPOILERS

I heard it was just him force pushing people in fights....I guess they just wanted to try n cash in on another film.
They kinda made fun of it in the movie saying things like "Warner Brothers wants us to do a sequel" and "they'll do it with or without us" when Neo was meeting with his boss about him programming the next Matrix game. Basically hinting at the conversation that Keanu and his agent had with the studio brass at Warner Bros.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
They kinda made fun of it in the movie saying things like "Warner Brothers wants us to do a sequel" and "they'll do it with or without us" when Neo was meeting with his boss about him programming the next Matrix game. Basically hinting at the conversation that Keanu and his agent had with the studio brass at Warner Bros.
I often wonder how movies like this are made, it’s not like Keanu can’t do great action scenes like he does in John Wick.

there’s nothing wrong with remakes etc but at least put effort, one of the best Remakes was the new IT

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
SPOILERS

I recently saw the new Candyman

i was pretty disappointed, I don't know what this was suppose to be, it had horror but why was the main character becoming Candyman? There was another character who was interested in making him a type of avenger of the ghetto but again why..Candyman was more like a thought form then his own character, any victim could just become him.

anyway, def not as good as the original...

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I often wonder how movies like this are made,

Literally all the time. Studios are deathly afraid of original content, they'd rather bet on previous cash cows that have a built in audience (like Marvel, DC, James Bond, Fast & Furious, etc). Rather than make a new racing movie, just do a spin-off of Fast & Furious. You'll get a good percentage of the FF fans which will bring in the money and you might get some new fans who bring it extra money.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Since you bring this up: do you think the Three Lights from the ending are a reference to the three Abrahamic religions? And if so, who is Pennywise representing then?

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Since you bring this up: do you think the Three Lights from the ending are a reference to the three Abrahamic religions? And if so, who is Pennywise representing then?
My understanding is the Dead Lights are a glimpse of who IT really is

Merlinscloak

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I watched Fantastic Beasts and where to find them. I am always impressed to find more and more back stories that grant a little insight into the unseen world of the mage.
Some movies acting like the bibles flowery stories on the surface that keep the general population appeased, while underneath the higher esoteric language reveilles to the initiated a glimpse here and there of what is real.
This movie in particular hit home for me, by reveling how miserable it can be for a lineage mage, to simply survive.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Watched Dune, loved it, 9.5/10

Watched Don't Look Up, loved it, 8.5/10

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I watched 3 horror movies Monday

the first was called The Spookies

it was funny and entertaining, a few dumb kids enter a mansion owned by a Warlock, they are then killed by all kinds of monsters, a spider woman, muck men, zombies, small monsters, werewolves, etc

the second film was called Cemetery of Terror, it’s a Mexican horror movie, a satanist serial killer 8s raised from the dead after some teens steal his body to impress some girls....it was ok.

Honestly looking back a lot of movies had a similar premise, a bunch of dumb ass kids do some ritual to scare their girlfriends and unwittingly unleash some monster....The Evil Dead, Pumpkinhead 2

the third was also a Mexican horror movie, it was about a bunch of grave robbing....teens...who disturb the grave of a...yiu guest it, dead satanist and he returns to live and kills them.

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Watched Uncharted yesterday. I knew it was based on a video game but that's it. I'm an Xbox user so I'm not familiar with PlayStation exclusives, so I went to see it purely on the strength of Mark Wahlberg's actual star power and Tom Holland's rising star power (outside of Spiderman, who is he? His other credits aren't well known). It was a cool movie but I was literally the oldest non-parent person there. I had no idea it was a movie pretty much for teen boys.