• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

What's after death?

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
It could be that a lot of those possibilities are simultaneously true. Not claiming this as absolute, just how I've personally felt/seen it to be.
  • If you don't reach your goal but weren't necessarily a bad person, rebirth as human and try again.
  • If you were a really good person, maybe ascend to guide or some sort of higher level "position". I think practitioners of magic who helped humanity also fall into this category. It's not uncommon to see spirits/deities etc that held a status as magician.
  • If you die in tragedy/shame/unexpectedly, the weight of your soul or whatever exact mechanic there is prohibits you from entering a possible rebirth or ascension, turning you into a wandering spirit.
  • If you were a really nasty person, you "descend" to a "demon" type of entity which may be cool and all depending on your views, but I think there's a gimmick. It requires you to feed constantly to sustain that. And maybe, just maybe, that shit ain't easy or fun.
Again, this is not definite of course. My own observations over time and after lots of certain personal experiences and reading, etc.
Interesting, it's rare to see someone believe in something as open ended as this. It's funny because you'd think what happens after death, something as unknowable as possible, would be the most open-ended topic, but no, most people are extremely rigid in their belief of what happens.

ryen

Neophyte
Interesting, it's rare to see someone believe in something as open ended as this. It's funny because you'd think what happens after death, something as unknowable as possible, would be the most open-ended topic, but no, most people are extremely rigid in their belief of what happens.
Life has shown me that the result of your actions puts you into one of not so many categories. Yes, there are intricacies to each persons experiences, but there seems to be "categories" of where actions lead you. Either somewhere really good or really bad, and theres a few in-between places like "meh" and "oh thats pretty nice" down to "oh man this sorta sucks". If the axiom of "As Above, So Below" bears any truth, my assumption is that the same applies to life after death.

And IDK about anyone else's experience with this, but the spirits and entities I work with on a day to day basis have very clearly expressed that an understanding of death and anything related is beyond our concerns. They straight up ignore the questions or just give me no's all the way across. Even in asking how one's guides/guardian is assigned I get shut the fuck down. Working with magic already answers a lot about what may be out there (while still raising a billion more questions). So i don't ask anymore. Just focus on being a righteous person with a pure intent of helping my fellow humans.