• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

What's after death?

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
It could be that a lot of those possibilities are simultaneously true. Not claiming this as absolute, just how I've personally felt/seen it to be.
  • If you don't reach your goal but weren't necessarily a bad person, rebirth as human and try again.
  • If you were a really good person, maybe ascend to guide or some sort of higher level "position". I think practitioners of magic who helped humanity also fall into this category. It's not uncommon to see spirits/deities etc that held a status as magician.
  • If you die in tragedy/shame/unexpectedly, the weight of your soul or whatever exact mechanic there is prohibits you from entering a possible rebirth or ascension, turning you into a wandering spirit.
  • If you were a really nasty person, you "descend" to a "demon" type of entity which may be cool and all depending on your views, but I think there's a gimmick. It requires you to feed constantly to sustain that. And maybe, just maybe, that shit ain't easy or fun.
Again, this is not definite of course. My own observations over time and after lots of certain personal experiences and reading, etc.
Interesting, it's rare to see someone believe in something as open ended as this. It's funny because you'd think what happens after death, something as unknowable as possible, would be the most open-ended topic, but no, most people are extremely rigid in their belief of what happens.

ryen

Neophyte
Interesting, it's rare to see someone believe in something as open ended as this. It's funny because you'd think what happens after death, something as unknowable as possible, would be the most open-ended topic, but no, most people are extremely rigid in their belief of what happens.
Life has shown me that the result of your actions puts you into one of not so many categories. Yes, there are intricacies to each persons experiences, but there seems to be "categories" of where actions lead you. Either somewhere really good or really bad, and theres a few in-between places like "meh" and "oh thats pretty nice" down to "oh man this sorta sucks". If the axiom of "As Above, So Below" bears any truth, my assumption is that the same applies to life after death.

And IDK about anyone else's experience with this, but the spirits and entities I work with on a day to day basis have very clearly expressed that an understanding of death and anything related is beyond our concerns. They straight up ignore the questions or just give me no's all the way across. Even in asking how one's guides/guardian is assigned I get shut the fuck down. Working with magic already answers a lot about what may be out there (while still raising a billion more questions). So i don't ask anymore. Just focus on being a righteous person with a pure intent of helping my fellow humans.

Calicifer

Visitor
There is a spirit realm and ethereal realm. Ethereal to me simply means one step above the physical, but below spirit realm. It is just like real world, but you experience it like a spirit would. Some spirits are stuck in this realm for one or other reason and they do not go or tend not to stay long in a spirit realm. My father is one such spirit which comes to haunt our house from time to time, especially if he receives an emotional response (like crying near his grave).

Other people were proven to reincarnate. This is usually due to traumatic experiences like dying in the war. Violent, sudden deaths like these tend to drag spirit straight from former self into a newborn. Due to its quick transition, such person has a lot of memories of his former life.

As for me personally, I believe a God had already offered me a place in an afterlife at his side. Well, I believe it was a God and experience of it was very powerful. These visions lasted for two days concurrently. I also had experienced via dreams what it feels like to die. How soul transitions from a body to an ethereal realm. How soul travels through spirit realm and how violently it can fall back to physical one. I also had some fights with spirits or demons in ethereal realm. Hmm, it was more like me being pestered by them and just deciding not to pay a demon any mind and I just returned my soul to my body. These are my own experiences in this.

Spirit or soul is merely a degree of consciousness or ability to feel and to comprehend. Even animals are capable of haunting the place of their death. However, as they are inherently far less, they leave far smaller souls which seem to usually disintegrate with death.

Overall, I'm afraid just of one thing. To wither away in my death, to become less in essence, memories and capabilities rather than more. To be stuck like other humans I see in this realm, wandering the Earth, contacting their next of kin via dreams, asking this or that, being stuck in what were their deepest desires before their death. If not that, then being unable to just move on from their homes, from their former lives. THAT is hell. To be just a shell of yourself, slowly withering away into nothing with time or with memories of a living.

Btw: To me when someone says "no" it merely means that I'm not trying hard enough to get what I want. To me, real issue is in getting that inner fire burning, in desiring something. To want, to lust, to desire something truly is that moves mountains for me.

Calicifer

Visitor
Ah, and my friend has some interesting experiences with the spirit realm. Sometimes he breaches their world or their world breaches his. In one, spirits come to hunt him in ethereal realm. The ones they hurt in ethereal realm, like for example, ripping cat to shreds in ethereal realm leaves cat physically hurt afterwards in physical. Likewise he experiences how it is to be in spirit realm. He can hear in his mind fear and terror of other spirits. How they cry out "human is coming". Then he proceeds to feed on them. Consuming the essence in spirit realm seems to charge your physical body, entirely removing hunger. It would be equivalent to astral sex and how that fulfils your physical body afterwards.

Either way, it is just some of the experiences I can share from the other world. These might be helpful pieces of a puzzle to someone else.

The ones they hurt in ethereal realm, like for example, ripping cat to shreds in ethereal realm leaves cat physically hurt afterwards in physical. Likewise he experiences how it is to be in spirit realm.
Sounds like the kind of thing warned about in The Exorcist's Handbook, how sometimes injuries sustained when fighting out-of-body can then carry over to your physical body.