• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

What's after death?

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
It could be that a lot of those possibilities are simultaneously true. Not claiming this as absolute, just how I've personally felt/seen it to be.
  • If you don't reach your goal but weren't necessarily a bad person, rebirth as human and try again.
  • If you were a really good person, maybe ascend to guide or some sort of higher level "position". I think practitioners of magic who helped humanity also fall into this category. It's not uncommon to see spirits/deities etc that held a status as magician.
  • If you die in tragedy/shame/unexpectedly, the weight of your soul or whatever exact mechanic there is prohibits you from entering a possible rebirth or ascension, turning you into a wandering spirit.
  • If you were a really nasty person, you "descend" to a "demon" type of entity which may be cool and all depending on your views, but I think there's a gimmick. It requires you to feed constantly to sustain that. And maybe, just maybe, that shit ain't easy or fun.
Again, this is not definite of course. My own observations over time and after lots of certain personal experiences and reading, etc.
Interesting, it's rare to see someone believe in something as open ended as this. It's funny because you'd think what happens after death, something as unknowable as possible, would be the most open-ended topic, but no, most people are extremely rigid in their belief of what happens.

ryen

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Interesting, it's rare to see someone believe in something as open ended as this. It's funny because you'd think what happens after death, something as unknowable as possible, would be the most open-ended topic, but no, most people are extremely rigid in their belief of what happens.
Life has shown me that the result of your actions puts you into one of not so many categories. Yes, there are intricacies to each persons experiences, but there seems to be "categories" of where actions lead you. Either somewhere really good or really bad, and theres a few in-between places like "meh" and "oh thats pretty nice" down to "oh man this sorta sucks". If the axiom of "As Above, So Below" bears any truth, my assumption is that the same applies to life after death.

And IDK about anyone else's experience with this, but the spirits and entities I work with on a day to day basis have very clearly expressed that an understanding of death and anything related is beyond our concerns. They straight up ignore the questions or just give me no's all the way across. Even in asking how one's guides/guardian is assigned I get shut the fuck down. Working with magic already answers a lot about what may be out there (while still raising a billion more questions). So i don't ask anymore. Just focus on being a righteous person with a pure intent of helping my fellow humans.

Calicifer

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
There is a spirit realm and ethereal realm. Ethereal to me simply means one step above the physical, but below spirit realm. It is just like real world, but you experience it like a spirit would. Some spirits are stuck in this realm for one or other reason and they do not go or tend not to stay long in a spirit realm. My father is one such spirit which comes to haunt our house from time to time, especially if he receives an emotional response (like crying near his grave).

Other people were proven to reincarnate. This is usually due to traumatic experiences like dying in the war. Violent, sudden deaths like these tend to drag spirit straight from former self into a newborn. Due to its quick transition, such person has a lot of memories of his former life.

As for me personally, I believe a God had already offered me a place in an afterlife at his side. Well, I believe it was a God and experience of it was very powerful. These visions lasted for two days concurrently. I also had experienced via dreams what it feels like to die. How soul transitions from a body to an ethereal realm. How soul travels through spirit realm and how violently it can fall back to physical one. I also had some fights with spirits or demons in ethereal realm. Hmm, it was more like me being pestered by them and just deciding not to pay a demon any mind and I just returned my soul to my body. These are my own experiences in this.

Spirit or soul is merely a degree of consciousness or ability to feel and to comprehend. Even animals are capable of haunting the place of their death. However, as they are inherently far less, they leave far smaller souls which seem to usually disintegrate with death.

Overall, I'm afraid just of one thing. To wither away in my death, to become less in essence, memories and capabilities rather than more. To be stuck like other humans I see in this realm, wandering the Earth, contacting their next of kin via dreams, asking this or that, being stuck in what were their deepest desires before their death. If not that, then being unable to just move on from their homes, from their former lives. THAT is hell. To be just a shell of yourself, slowly withering away into nothing with time or with memories of a living.

Btw: To me when someone says "no" it merely means that I'm not trying hard enough to get what I want. To me, real issue is in getting that inner fire burning, in desiring something. To want, to lust, to desire something truly is that moves mountains for me.

Calicifer

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
Ah, and my friend has some interesting experiences with the spirit realm. Sometimes he breaches their world or their world breaches his. In one, spirits come to hunt him in ethereal realm. The ones they hurt in ethereal realm, like for example, ripping cat to shreds in ethereal realm leaves cat physically hurt afterwards in physical. Likewise he experiences how it is to be in spirit realm. He can hear in his mind fear and terror of other spirits. How they cry out "human is coming". Then he proceeds to feed on them. Consuming the essence in spirit realm seems to charge your physical body, entirely removing hunger. It would be equivalent to astral sex and how that fulfils your physical body afterwards.

Either way, it is just some of the experiences I can share from the other world. These might be helpful pieces of a puzzle to someone else.

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
The ones they hurt in ethereal realm, like for example, ripping cat to shreds in ethereal realm leaves cat physically hurt afterwards in physical. Likewise he experiences how it is to be in spirit realm.
Sounds like the kind of thing warned about in The Exorcist's Handbook, how sometimes injuries sustained when fighting out-of-body can then carry over to your physical body.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
what ive seen sofar while doing whiat i do, is that sometimes people get a free pass to the other side. no clue what lies there for them, but the little peak i had looked like a beautiful green and lush place. others ive seen doing task in the inbetween before they can move further towards where ever they go. ive also met several death who are put to work for more spiritual aligned people or wizards. i even stayed a while with some of those. its quite the place, similar to astral travel.

sadly enough i also been to places where it isnt a fun stay. where the death hardly get any help and those places feel like dread and sticky mud. there are way worse places too, but im in no mood to remember those, better to keep some doors closed.

Nana

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
This might be a dumb question but have you never inquired to spirits about life after death? I’m more on the side that every person experiences the same universal truth after death whether that be reincarnation, hell/heaven, etc but like you said who knows really.
Most spirits don't know themselves, being from the essence of the living world. That said there are some that know but they are fearsome to behold and murderous. The essences of drowning, immolation, poison, and much worse. Beyond those you have the things that live in the Bush. Spirits of things alien to the human experience and worse of all of these things, the spirits of humans lost, forbidden, or denied access to the Abode of Ancestors. Think of the worse things a human being could be and give it an all or nothing perspective.
The only spirits knowledgeable about the spirit world that I would risk dealing with are Ancestral, Fate, and Creator spirits. The Ancestors are invested in your individual success, spirits of fate already have plans for you, and the Creators are invested in the maintenance of the World which doesn't always bode as well as we would sometimes hope.

vetriol

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
You can be everything you want after death. Everything is altogether connected to everything. Read Joe Dispenza book Supernatural and you will understand more from a scientific perspective what I am talking about. You might like to read thousands of books written about near-death experiences or even Astral Projection or so-called Out of body experiences. There is so much evidence about this subject although nobody knows about what happens after death.

Roma

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
You can be everything you want after death.

I observed AC a few times in his post-mortem state. He was not happy, furiously using his personal will for decades in an attempt to escape the personality.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Rebirth on Earth as a new human?

Rebirth on Earth as a different species?

Rebirth on a different plane/dimension?

Continuing on in a different plane/dimension? Like heaven or hell...

Continuing on in a parallel universe where you never died... on and on forever till you're the last person alive?

Something, but something inexplicable...?

Nothing?

in short...yes ALL these are possible.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Honestly? I just don't know. None of us really do, and I don't like to assume too much, unless I have a strong intuition about something.
Actually I have a problem with religions in general (especially christianity) and am obviously going to reject their dogmas. So that's my bias I guess.
In the afterlife from my studies people can be trapped by their dogmas in what’s called hollow heavens. Same with hell.

in Other words people grouped together in say a fundamentalist Christian heaven, if you deviate from the rules you are thrown out. Same with hells of fire and such. It’s molded by our perspective

the more I study the more we as humans seem to be on such a low level, by that I mean we argue and trash each other, the more evolved beings, you might call them angels look at us and wonder why we act so primitive.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Most spirits don't know themselves, being from the essence of the living world. That said there are some that know but they are fearsome to behold and murderous. The essences of drowning, immolation, poison, and much worse. Beyond those you have the things that live in the Bush. Spirits of things alien to the human experience and worse of all of these things, the spirits of humans lost, forbidden, or denied access to the Abode of Ancestors. Think of the worse things a human being could be and give it an all or nothing perspective.
The only spirits knowledgeable about the spirit world that I would risk dealing with are Ancestral, Fate, and Creator spirits. The Ancestors are invested in your individual success, spirits of fate already have plans for you, and the Creators are invested in the maintenance of the World which doesn't always bode as well as we would sometimes hope.
In Kabbalah the angels are here to help our progress but as they do not think as we do so the way they “help” us progress or “fix” our mistakes (social upheave, etc) can manifest in natural disasters, war, disease, etc.

in my learnings people aren’t as much as denied access to heaven but flee it, there is judgment and it can be harsh but it must be done to cleanse the soul before entering heaven. I've heard and read that the cleansing can manifest as the worst shame imaginable or our worst fears, being burned to ashes, beating beaten, etc. Fleeing is suppose to be worse though because you are trapped as a wandering spirit

Nana

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Right but do you reject the entire concept of heaven and hell or just certain aspects of it in mainstream Christianity?
It was bound to happen...
Having introduced the concept of Heaven & Hell, can you provide the concepts from the Christian perspectives? This isn't a got'cha attempt; Traditional Judaism doesn't properly have a Heaven or Hell having borrowed the concept from their Babylonian captors, Islam's Hell is borrowed from the ancient Jews idea of a landfill & cesspool & Heaven is the explicit domain of Allah(AST) with no room there in for created things. So then it beggars the question for the Middle Child, what is Heaven & Hell to Christianity?

Roma

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
what is Heaven & Hell to Christianity?

Punishment and reward are standard structures in centralized clergy religions.

Further, there is a psychological proposition that repression of natural urges results in the experience of external temptation, easily personified as a devil/demon. At that stage the faithful think they need protection.

So the concepts of heaven and hell are used to support an authoritarian core to organized Christianity.

If however we believe that humans were not the inventors of recycling, then it may be that the Christian God implemented it long ago - sending back humans that were not yet ready for promotion to the next grade

Nana

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
In Kabbalah the angels are here to help our progress but as they do not think as we do so the way they “help” us progress or “fix” our mistakes (social upheave, etc) can manifest in natural disasters, war, disease, etc.

in my learnings people aren’t as much as denied access to heaven but flee it, there is judgment and it can be harsh but it must be done to cleanse the soul before entering heaven. I've heard and read that the cleansing can manifest as the worst shame imaginable or our worst fears, being burned to ashes, beating beaten, etc. Fleeing is suppose to be worse though because you are trapped as a wandering spirit
It is the same in Vodou, which is hardly surprising. The angels and vodous bare an uncanny resemblance to each other to those knowledgeable of both. Your Kabbalistic description is one such an example.
Another interesting point is that, like the Muslims, we don't think people go to heaven after life, but instead an ancestral abode (ala Bosom of Abraham) after we've been deemed worthy to enter by recounting of deed, word, and intention. This is a particularly interesting dynamic when you consider that for the last 15 hundred years we've lived in a world of conversions where people are encouraged to turn their backs on their ancestors, for this savior, that prophet, or those bodhisattvas.
When it comes to the Afterlife, I've seen enough to know two things; I'm not wrong about what I need for me and what I know about it would fit into a thimble and not draw the attention of a tick if it was covered in blood.

Nana

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Punishment and reward are standard structures in centralized clergy religions.

Further, there is a psychological proposition that repression of natural urges results in the experience of external temptation, easily personified as a devil/demon. At that stage the faithful think they need protection.

So the concepts of heaven and hell are used to support an authoritarian core to organized Christianity.

If however we believe that humans were not the inventors of recycling, then it may be that the Christian God implemented it long ago - sending back humans that were not yet ready for promotion to the next grade
That doesn't address the question. Christians pursue Heaven and eschew Hell and this trait is one of the few universals that you'd be able to find in so diverse a demographic. Their existence is central to the practice of Christianity, particularly as they are the only things legitimizing Christ's sacrifice.
So the question is what are they?
However, you bring up a potential Christian take on reincarnation. Is their support that this is a Christian concept or if the concept of reincarnation is compatible with the Doctrine of Resurrection? Is resurrection just a misunderstanding of the phenomena of reincarnation or vice versa?

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
It is the same in Vodou, which is hardly surprising. The angels and vodous bare an uncanny resemblance to each other to those knowledgeable of both. Your Kabbalistic description is one such an example.
Another interesting point is that, like the Muslims, we don't think people go to heaven after life, but instead an ancestral abode (ala Bosom of Abraham) after we've been deemed worthy to enter by recounting of deed, word, and intention. This is a particularly interesting dynamic when you consider that for the last 15 hundred years we've lived in a world of conversions where people are encouraged to turn their backs on their ancestors, for this savior, that prophet, or those bodhisattvas.
When it comes to the Afterlife, I've seen enough to know two things; I'm not wrong about what I need for me and what I know about it would fit into a thimble and not draw the attention of a tick if it was covered in blood.
I think most religion these days are more of a to control people. As a former Christian I knew people who thought there was no point in learning science or going to college, praying for piece, etc because their savior will fix everything. The more educated mystics knew that “salvation“ will come when humanity as a race elevates as a whole.

But most of us are fed nonsense and A limited cleansing in hell becomes eternal punishment and a threat.

great perception.

Roma

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
That doesn't address the question. Christians pursue Heaven and eschew Hell and this trait is one of the few universals that you'd be able to find in so diverse a demographic. Their existence is central to the practice of Christianity, particularly as they are the only things legitimizing Christ's sacrifice.
So the question is what are they?
Perhaps my point was obscure: heaven and hell as depicted in mainstream Christianity do not exist.

The nearest to Christian hell is either the lower astral/emotional sub-planes or the adverse entities that lived under the surface of this planet. (Most of the nasty subterranean entities have been moved out recently)

The nearest to Christian heaven is the higher emotional sub-planes as experienced by those with little mental functionality.

I have observed some of my relatives in their post-mortem states. They experience neither of the Christian end-points. Indeed, my mother, the morning after she died, appeared in my house and said to me: "It is just as you said - all about energies". When she was incarnated she said I was "weird" but changed her opinion as soon as she lost her physical body.