• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Working with goetic demons

Reaction score
Awards
I'm not exactly clear on the specificities of the rituals or how I should go about approaching these entities. I have tried once before, to no apparent success. Please bare with me, I am a complete novice. Any advice on how to make definite contact and ask for what I desire would be sincerely appreciated.

Reaction score
Awards

Download link in the last reply, just 'like' the post to access...
Thank you very much.

Reaction score
Awards
start with something like Modern Magick by Donald Kraig
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Read this and lets chat after.
Gave it a read, along with The Demons of Magic and Consorting with Spirits. The theories presented are interesting and the testimonies are told believably. Do you personally believe that demons are a sort of thought form? The experiences given seem to suggest otherwise, but prior to reading them it was my understanding that this was the most common consensus. What's your opinion on the matter? Do you believe they're consciousnesses disparate from our own?

league

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
There are many types of beings that exist on many levels. We can encounter many things. From our point of view they can be good or bad.

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
What's your opinion on the matter? Do you believe they're consciousnesses disparate from our own?
I believe they are separate. The philosophy is explained in The Cosmic Doctrine by Dion Fortune. John Michael Greer made a long series of blog posts explaining the chapters of that book. Dion Fortune explains consciousness using a metaphor which is best understood by reading the book and, if necessary, Greer's commentary.

Reaction score
Awards
I believe they are separate. The philosophy is explained in The Cosmic Doctrine by Dion Fortune. John Michael Greer made a long series of blog posts explaining the chapters of that book. Dion Fortune explains consciousness using a metaphor which is best understood by reading the book and, if necessary, Greer's commentary.
Man, I've already read three or four entire books in the last two days alone. All of this just to ask some demon who probably doesn't give a rip about me for basic protection. Yeesh. I guess I'm beyond that level of simplicity now though, and I'm just reading for background information. Alright, I'll find a PDF of The Cosmic Doctrine and give it a read. You've all been very helpful, I sincerely appreciate it.

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards

You'll find the commentary quite a bit longer than the actual text of the book. Personally, I'm at chapter 20 and holding for now. I may just start over at some point in the future as my reading list is a mile long and only getting longer.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Now I say few are real and most are projections.
Prob a mix of both

angels, demons, elementals, etc being pre adamic races

Supposedly the gods were simple what humans came to call angelic rulers of the universe but we as humans also could create gods by our combined beliefs

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
What makes you say this?
Some Kabbalist believe the gods are angelic princes that run the earth, we came to know them as Zeus, Odin, etc

Dion Fortune thought they are thought forms from entire cultures. Demons are thought to be fallen angels but others think they’re a pre Adamic species

Reaction score
Awards
Some Kabbalist believe the gods are angelic princes that run the earth, we came to know them as Zeus, Odin, etc

Dion Fortune thought they are thought forms from entire cultures. Demons are thought to be fallen angels but others think they’re a pre Adamic species
What do you believe?

Jk666

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
What do you believe?
Most ppl don’t mention it but the demons of today r the gods of yesterday.

so they’re more ancient than the abrahamic gods, there’re 3 gods: Yahweh, father & allah completely separate & hate each other.

the supposed demons like Ashmodeus who was the demon of wrath in Babylon and some say he’s even a djinn r much smarter than the supposed angels & r not the same: their energy is darker more terrestrial than white magic spirits.

they’re smarter cuz they have to survive without most ppl praying to them & giving them their energy freely and cuz they have less followers each 1 gets rewarded more.

most people also don’t talk about the inner spiritual world v. Outer spiritual world that’s a fascinating topic.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards

so they’re more ancient than the abrahamic gods, there’re 3 gods: Yahweh, father & allah completely separate & hate each other.

the supposed demons like Ashmodeus who was the demon of wrath in Babylon and some say he’s even a djinn r much smarter than the supposed angels & r not the same: their energy is darker more terrestrial than white magic spirits.

they’re smarter cuz they have to survive without most ppl praying to them & giving them their energy freely and cuz they have less followers each 1 gets rewarded more.

most people also don’t talk about the inner spiritual world v. Outer spiritual world that’s a fascinating topic.
May I ask what LHP books you read ? The only Author I’m interested in reading from that path is Maria de Naglowska

Jk666

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Asenath mason
Ea Keting I don’t like
N.D. Blackwood
Damon Brandt if u consider him LHP
VK Jehannum
Bill ducendack
U want more?

Reaction score
Awards
Some likely are, like Bael being Baal and Astaroth being Astarte. Others are likely creations of Christianity, or are related to the Christian mythos, depending on what you believe. Really, the modern conception of demons are just a hodgepodge of various ancient cultures with a healthy dash of original content thrown in by the Hebrews. I don't think it's correct to call all of them "gods," personally. You can point to a few examples where that's likely the case, but overall, I would say the majority were only relatively recently given names.

Jk666

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
You can point to a few examples where that's likely the case, but overall, I would say the majority were only relatively recently given names.
Maybe some of them belonged to the legions of the dark gods, but I think they got promoted.

so maybe not gods but strong entities that can help a guy move up in life?

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
are they real, or projections of the human mind?

If the human race is the center/meaning of Existence then they are probably projections. If the human race is actually at the edge of Existence then it is likely there are myriad species on various planes that rarely come near humans.

Jk666

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
If the human race is actually at the edge of Existence then it is likely there are myriad species on various planes that rarely come near humans.
I think the 2nd option makes more sense cu there’re other worlds & creatures and they’re the same or more important than humans.

only man is an animal that thinks it’s god & allows itself to destroy nature I dunno of other creatures like that