• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Working with goetic demons

Reaction score
Awards
I'm not exactly clear on the specificities of the rituals or how I should go about approaching these entities. I have tried once before, to no apparent success. Please bare with me, I am a complete novice. Any advice on how to make definite contact and ask for what I desire would be sincerely appreciated.

league

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
That isn't something i would recommend to someone beginning. The Goetia is for advanced practitioners in my opinion. I heavily encourage you to practice with other rituals before attempting to work with the Goetia,

Reaction score
Awards
Yes, How much of a beginner are you with magick and rituals?
I've done basic research and I've lurked a few paranormal forums. I know how to do the LBRP, a little divination, and the theory of how sigils work. The names of some gods and deities here and there. The very basics of Kaballah. That's about it. Unless you count things like reading the Bible, that is.

Reaction score
Awards
I've done basic research and I've lurked a few paranormal forums. I know how to do the LBRP, a little divination, and the theory of how sigils work. The names of some gods and deities here and there. The very basics of Kaballah. That's about it. Unless you count things like reading the Bible, that is.
Try candle magick on planetary hours of a given day, with four candles on an altar:
Left-Altar-Candle. Right-Altar-Candle
Incense in center
Personal Candle. Objective Candle

Choose colors appropriate for each, altar candles are generally white, but can be black or any other color.

Jastiv

Neophyte
Reaction score
Drawing out the seals and listening to demonic enns are two easy ways to connect with various daemonic energies. How are your with scrying in general? Can you pick up energy from photographs?

Reaction score
Awards
Drawing out the seals and listening to demonic enns are two easy ways to connect with various daemonic energies. How are your with scrying in general? Can you pick up energy from photographs?
Nah, nothing like that. I wouldn't call myself particularly talented. What I did was draw the sigil, said an enn while gazing at it, then asked for what I want. I've read a little bit more about rituals since making the OP post, so I now realize that likely wasn't sufficient.

William66

Solomonic practitioner
Reaction score
Awards
Well my first goetic demon was Bune i evoked, i did it like 6-8 times until i got few things i asked for, i did it the solomonic way and before Bune i had not evoked. This Goetia is worth a read, since i used the tools and such, went after the day and hour which makes it easier for contact. Worth a read :)
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Reaction score
Awards
Well my first goetic demon was Bune i evoked, i did it like 6-8 times until i got few things i asked for, i did it the solomonic way and before Bune i had not evoked. This Goetia is worth a read, since i used the tools and such, went after the day and hour which makes it easier for contact. Worth a read :)
Would it trouble you to tell me how it went? Do you have a good rapport with this demon?

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
That is a good link to information. I would suggest that @OrdinaryTourist would at least read the first few chapters of the book, Demons of Magick, which I linked to above, since the information is relevant, educational, and concerns the same material, but in a more practical way than a scholarly translation of old texts.

Reaction score
Awards
That is a good link to information. I would suggest that @OrdinaryTourist would at least read the first few chapters of the book, Demons of Magick, which I linked to above, since the information is relevant, educational, and concerns the same material, but in a more practical way than a scholarly translation of old texts.
I actually read the whole thing. I've heard demons don't especially appreciate when you bind them using angels and the word of God and such, which this book recommends. I'll try some alternatives, and if they don't work, I'll come back to this.

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
I actually read the whole thing. I've heard demons don't especially appreciate when you bind them using angels and the word of God and such, which this book recommends. I'll try some alternatives, and if they don't work, I'll come back to this.
Yes, I just got finished reading Jason Miller's Consorting with Spirits, in which he describes his personal style that avoids the typical methods popularized by traditional ceremonial magical texts. That is not to say Jason is against personal protection, and he explicitly states that one should need to know what to do if a situation appears to get out of hand. Demons of Magick provides yet another perspective, that demons are not inherently evil but are to be considered as soldiers under your command, as are the archangels called in the opening ritual. I especially appreciated Gordon Winterfield's advice on visualization, that "... if you only have a hazy, blurred imagination, you should know that you are in good company, and your efforts to imagine as instructed will be rewarded grandly." Both authors make a point that results do not depend on following ancient texts (or the Golden Dawn methods) to the letter.

Reaction score
Awards
Yes, I just got finished reading Jason Miller's Consorting with Spirits, in which he describes his personal style that avoids the typical methods popularized by traditional ceremonial magical texts. That is not to say Jason is against personal protection, and he explicitly states that one should need to know what to do if a situation appears to get out of hand. Demons of Magick provides yet another perspective, that demons are not inherently evil but are to be considered as soldiers under your command, as are the archangels called in the opening ritual. I especially appreciated Gordon Winterfield's advice on visualization, that "... if you only have a hazy, blurred imagination, you should know that you are in good company, and your efforts to imagine as instructed will be rewarded grandly." Both authors make a point that results do not depend on following ancient texts (or the Golden Dawn methods) to the letter.
Do you have a link to the PDF of "Consorting with Spirits"? I would very much appreciate this. It sounds right up my alley.

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards