• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Anyone find that your Religion/God messes with your magick and actively ruins your life?

HocusPocus

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I grew up Buddhist, I am not anymore. Still I pray once in a while to hedge my best in the afterlife, it seems like my Buddhist practices are actively interfering with my magick spells to improve my life i.e increase iq, etc.

I've gotten alot of good results from Gallery of Magick's books but something about Buddhism doesn't seem to like the fact that I am enjoying my life and infact now that my life is better I noticed Buddhism actually exacerbated my mental and emotional issues rather than solve it.

Jackson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Please correct me? I have been told that the most consistent therapeutic benefit from Buddhist mediation and practice across various schools of Buddhist thought, east and west, targets suffering? And, it seems to be very popular for that? It seems that way, at least it among people of my general demographic.
A girlfriend or something is probably more expedient

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Please correct me? I have been told that the most consistent therapeutic benefit from Buddhist mediation and practice across various schools of Buddhist thought, east and west, targets suffering? And, it seems to be very popular for that? It seems that way, at least it among people of my general demographic.
Buddhism promises an end to suffering. Exactly how? One has to get into it a bit. I recall Philip Kapleau saying one Zen monk told him, "How to deal with suffering? You bear it." That opinion is not exactly universal, or at least isn't expressed that way. But it certainly is part of practice. Failure to sit through what sucks is the main reason I saw folks drop out of long retreats.
Post automatically merged:

Yes, a g.f. can be an aid to practice. They certainly do increase one's share of suffering.

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Your neurotypical breakup suffering is on you, I'm mostly sad for the other person that they feel bad.
The other person? Surely you have heard Dostoyekski's bon mot (put in a woman's mouth): "How sweet it is to take offense!" (You're not a virgin are you?)

Jackson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
The other person? Surely you have heard Dostoyekski's bon mot (put in a woman's mouth): "How sweet it is to take offense!" (You're not a virgin are you?)
Sir, I am bisexual. Although I cannot say I have made the effort to bed many women, unless you find a rich one that wants a child (I am not paying it all myself, I would consider another five years savings more suitable), I can hardly be a virgin in the literal sense. I just make less effort to fuck as I would like. Actually doing it can hardly be difficult, even for me.

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Sir, I am bisexual. Although I cannot say I have made the effort to bed many women, unless you find a rich one that wants a child (I am not paying it all myself, I would consider another five years savings more suitable), I can hardly be a virgin in the literal sense.
I know which way you swing. You remind us about every five or six posts. I am simply asking if you ever successfully sexed with anyone living, conscious and humanoid. You seem terribly naive about the psychology of the Schadenfreude that stalks romance like the Gespenst did Europe.

Jackson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I know which way you swing. You remind us about every five or six posts. I am simply asking if you ever successfully sexed with anyone living, conscious and humanoid. You seem terribly naive about the psychology of the Schadenfreude that stalks romance like the Gespenst did Europe.
Sir it is impossible not to sex at least one man. It would be significantly easier to sex several of them. It would be harder not to sex a man.

HocusPocus

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards

People sell it that way. I never seen it work for me, never seen it work for the people around me. Didn't even reduce any of the feelings. Meditation was pretty much a waste of time for mas well. Daoist Martial arts training helped out way more and even that had it's limits.

Most people seem to be coping their issues away that's about it. That's my observation though. I guess something is better than nothing but in my case it really did closer to nothing.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah I gotta agree with Jackson here, there's only two obvious solutions here you either :

A. ) Find an external source to satisfy whatever you're craving/missing

B.) Remove desire

At least that's my take on it.

Jackson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Sir I can abolish loneliness with words if I wish. I just prefer things like getting out, visiting a neighbor, or fucking.

I know nothing of coping with emotional pain, unless you count teenage angst. It was all voluntary.

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Sir it is impossible not to sex at least one man. It would be significantly easier to sex several of them. It would be harder not to sex a man.
Then surely you must know that sex gives folks the presumptive right to inflict emotional distress on their partner. Sad, but there it is. Which is why some folks pull a Billy Joel and move on out, go tooling their big bike down the Dharma.

Jackson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Then surely you must know that sex gives folks the presumptive right to inflict emotional distress on their partner. Sad, but there it is. Which is why some folks pull a Billy Joel and move on out, go tooling their big bike down the Dharma.
Sir I have had some relations. You all make a much bigger deals of things than they need to be. My main pain with relations is impropriety.

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Sir I have had some relations. You all make a much bigger deals of things than they need to be. My main pain with relations is impropriety.
If I were pimping the Dharma, I'd slap the tag "Samsara!!!" on that and start selling my snake oil. Personally, I think some friction is good for folks. Not quite getting the face rubbed in gravel, maybe. But friction withal.

Jackson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
If I were pimping the Dharma, I'd slap the tag "Samsara!!!" on that and start selling my snake oil. Personally, I think some friction is good for folks. Not quite getting the face rubbed in gravel, maybe. But friction withal.
Sir, although I am not focused on fiction, I grew up amidst the birth of the internet. I read horrible "fiction" as a teenager. Things they called Lemons back in the day. It goes together with friction.

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Sir, although I am not focused on fiction, I grew up amidst the birth of the internet. I read horrible "fiction" as a teenager. Things they called Lemons back in the day. It goes together with friction.
Ahhh, I love the smell of non sequitur in the morning. It smells like (sni-i-i-i-f)...like WTF?"

HocusPocus

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Sir I can abolish loneliness with words if I wish. I just prefer things like getting out, visiting a neighbor, or fucking.

I know nothing of coping with emotional pain, unless you count teenage angst. It was all voluntary.

Hmmh, I envy you to have that ability.

Amongst myself and various other people emotions don't simply go away and sometimes they can manifest in very destructive psychosomatic symptoms.

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I suspect a lot of people have simply never tried it.
People tell me it's called "denial." I say to them STFU. If I got troubles, I can outlast 'em. "Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." James in the New Testament had a good bit of the two-fisted Stoic about him. And, you are correct, a great many emotional ills can be thusly conjured away.