• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Gender Ideology megathread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lee smith

Neophyte
Reaction score
I don't see you had anything to apologize for. If someone does not like your views, so be it.

All beings have "intrinsic worth"? I have never been able to unpack that one. I noticed that even the head monk where I practiced in Thailand swatted 'skeeters all the same.
Post automatically merged:

The first thing beings do when transitioning to a new sphere is pack lots and lots of baggage.
UPG on my end, I was told by Sunna during a vision that all living beings, no matter their capacity, have worth. Now that doesn't mean if someone were to break into my home I would hesitate to introduce them to my 9mm. I would insure it had a long conversation with them. Does the intruder have intrinsic worth? Yep. Would it stop me from protecting my family with extreme prejudice? Nope. A person makes their choices and pays their prices.

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Fair enough and btw I’ve never thought you intend hate or even violence towards others by anything I’ve seen you say.

Plus I should clear up when I say Phobia I didn’t mean hate but fear of what might not be understood.

I’m not really wanting to get into a whole thing here.

I like you and most of the things you post.

I was maybe being a smart ass with my initial post and carrying over some agitations from similar topics and comments from another forum. I could also just be in a prickly mood today.

Of course you are right that enlightenment doesn’t mean the same thing to everyone and whatever my own definition is shouldn’t necessarily apply to anyone else.

My apologies. I can be an asshole sometimes.
You're scarcely an asshole. Your stuff is good quality and well-reasoned.

One correction, though. I have no problem with some violence and agree with Kurt Eggers (Lutheran pastor turned Standartenfuehrer), "To hate can be an ennobling as to love." But, like love, exemplary distaste must be discriminating in its object. Disagreement as to where to stable John Thomas is a pretty petty issue, when all is said and done.
Post automatically merged:

UPG on my end, I was told by Sunna during a vision that all living beings, no matter their capacity, have worth. Now that doesn't mean if someone were to break into my home I would hesitate to introduce them to my 9mm. I would insure it had a long conversation with them. Does the intruder have intrinsic worth? Yep. Would it stop me from protecting my family with extreme prejudice? Nope. A person makes their choices and pays their prices.
Works for me. Personally I like the pun coined by Mo Zi, the anti-Confucian proponent of universal love (兼爱)。He held that slaying the criminal was not homicide since that ren (人, person) was not himself ren (仁, humane) and therefore no proper ren (人).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.